Whether you’re a healer who works with others to help them shift their own energy, or you simply find yourself in a stressful work situation, we come in contact with many people and pick up their energy on a daily basis. Not to mention we all have days when we feel sensitive after scrolling through social media, or just because. Energy-clearing practices can help you make space in your energy body, stick to your boundaries, and encourage more of what you’re seeking in your life. We at HeartCentric believe that practicing good energy hygiene is essential.
The pendulum is an excellent transmitter of energy and receives information from your auric field and the electromagnetic field. Since everything in this world is made of energy, including you, it’s possible to transmute energy accordingly. Our environment and the spaces that we live in are affected on a vibrational level and can hang on to unwanted and often unneeded energy that isn’t serving us. So what can you do to re-energize and clear your surroundings?
Clearing energy from your space is simple. After getting grounded and calibrating your pendulum, find a comfortable place to sit and do the following exercise.
- Connect to your higher self by getting grounded - whatever works best for you.
- Set your intention. This is a crucial step. Be mindful as thoughts create your reality and are very powerful.
- You can begin by walking around and smudging the space you’d like to clear. Smudging is the ritual of cleaning the energy of a physical space, object, or person using sacred smoke. We prefer sage or palo santo, but any of your favorite herbs or incense will do. This isn’t necessary but adds another layer of cleansing. Together with your pendulum practice, it can enhance and increase the effectiveness of your clearing.
- Calibrate your pendulum. If you need a refresher, see our blog here.
- To clear the energy, state your intention out loud or in your head. Then ask your pendulum to show you the movement for clearing energy. Typically, the pendulum will rotate in a counterclockwise circular motion. Then, allow the pendulum to begin swinging.
- Keep repeating your intention out loud or in your head.
- In your mind’s eye, visualize the energy being released and transmuted into the ethers. You can picture a white light, golden light, pink light - whatever image feels right for you; there is no right or wrong. Let the image of the unwanted energy dissipating permeate your being and the space around you.
- Let the pendulum swing until it comes to a stop. It will begin to slow down and come to a stop when it's finished clearing the space.
- Now visualize your space being infused with positive, renewed energy. However, this shows up for you is absolutely perfect.
- Then ask your pendulum to lock in the positive energy that you are ushering in. If your pendulum moves in a counterclockwise circle to clear the energy, then you may get a clockwise circular motion for locking in the energy. Whatever movement you get, take notice of it and feel good about all the positive energy that is being infused into your space. Let the pendulum go until it slows down and comes to a stop.
- Finally, give gratitude and thank your higher self, your spirit guides, and any other helpers who you resonate with for their assistance. This is important and it is recommended not to skip this rewarding step.
- Congratulations! You have just completed a beautiful ceremony to cleanse your space.
Clearing Your Own Energy
You can use this exercise on yourself as well if you’re feeling low vibrationally or simply need to refresh. Follow the same steps above but adjust the exercise as follows:
- Try first connecting to your body and pinpointing where you’re feeling the unwanted energy.
- Then visualize that undesired energy leaving your body from the source of where you’re feeling it as you let the pendulum swing. This could be one or more areas of your body.
- Lock in what you want to bring in and picture the light spreading inside to all parts of your body. Picture the light moving outwards to your auric field. Let the light grow until it expands to your home or space you’re in. Let the light increase outwards to your street, city, state, region, country, and world. Imagine it spreading as far and wide as you are able to visualize and imagine.
We hang on to so much energy that isn’t needed - our own and that of others. By releasing stagnant energy that isn’t serving you or your surroundings, you’ll reap many benefits. Removing unwanted energy gives us a sense of calm and focused intention in our environment and our body — not only physically but emotionally, and spiritually as well. Many people have a sense of lightness, focus, reduced anxiety, and even deep peace—and realize how overwhelming and repressing it was to carry around all that unneeded energy. Letting the spiritual S%&T go will feel so good, and it’s so easy to do!
Enjoy, and drop us a note to let us know how it’s working for you.